Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
If you are an Automotive Service technician and are looking to find a new job or wanting to make more money, Autopeople can help. AutoPeople’s Automotive Service Technician recruiting specializes in placing qualified automotive technicians in dealerships near you. We have a huge number of dealer clients that are in need of skilled automotive technicians and are ready to hire you and in some instances are able to train you on the latest state of the art repair and diagnostics tools and equipment. Some of our dealer clients also potentially give out signing bonuses for technicians
Automotive service technicians and mechanics, often called service technicians or service techs, inspect, maintain, and repair cars and light trucks. Their duties include
- Identify mechanical problems, both manual and by using state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Test parts and systems to ensure that they are working properly
- Follow checklists to ensure that all critical parts are examined
- Perform basic care and maintenance, including changing oil, tuneups, fluid levels, and rotating tires, etc
- Repair or replace worn parts, such as brake pads and wheel bearings
- Disassemble and reassemble parts
- Use testing equipment to ensure that repairs and maintenance are effective
- Explain to clients their automotive problems and the repairs done on their vehicles
"Autopeople is the preferred National Automotive Recruiters for dealers and candidates!"
Service technicians work on mechanical components, such as engines, transmissions, drive belts, brakes, transmission, steering systems,etc. Most of these components are controlled primarily by computers and electronic components. In addition, a growing number of technicians are required to work on vehicles that run on alternative fuels, such as ethanol and electricity and integrated electronic systems, such as accident-avoidance sensors.
In some shops, technicians may specialize. The following are examples of types of service technicians:
- Automotive air-conditioning repairers
- Brake repairers
- Front-end mechanics
- Transmission technicians and rebuilders
- Drivability technicians
Simply fill out the following form and one of our experts will contact you and match you with a reputed dealership in your area.
Contact us for a Technician Job